Monday, June 30, 2008

Lazy Monday

After yesterday's pretty tough run, I decided to take today off. I always have a hard time taking days off! I either feel lazy and guilty for taking the day off or I feel that I'm doing the right thing by giving my body a rest. It's easier now that I'm training for my marathon because I understand how crucial proper rest is for such strenuous training but while I was trying to lose weight, I'd always feel bad! But either way, I was due for a rest day. I went out with my mom and walked and shopped around for about 4 hours. We came back with lots of bags (including some groceries!) so I did get some activity in.

The morning was lazy though, I woke up and was craving a bowl of cold cereal. I had Vector cereal. I try not to have it too often because the nutritional info doesn't impress me much (little fibre) but it was the only cold cereal we had so I gave in! A little trick I use to try to control portions with things like this is I fill more than half the bowl with fresh fruit (or veggies, depending on what I'm serving myself). In this case it was strawberries. It's been such a long time since I've had such sweet, juicy strawberries!



Awww, looks like the strawberries were a bit shy.



There they are!! Tomorrow, I'm going to head to the gym for a mostly upper body weight workout followed by a 4 or 5 mile run. We'll see!

No comments: