Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Run

Every Sunday (well, ALMOST every Sunday), I go for free practice runs at a local Running Room. You just pretty much show up and they have different groups (5K, 10K, Marathon, etc.) and you can just go on a run with whichever group you want. I really like it because it's a lot more motivating to run with others and I really like the trails that they go on. Not ones that I would usually go on on my own.

Today we did 16k or about 10 miles. It felt brutal! For the first half or so, I felt good. Fast, confident, happy. But then it I started feeling exhausted and a bit sick too. I ran out of water too. :( So that made it even worst! I've never been happier to finish a run! I got a slight cramp on my left calf that made me kind of hobble back home. It's still there but I hope it clears up soon!

When I got home, I ate a nice big breakfast! A smoothie made with banana, milk, flax, PB, cinnamon, skim milk, and a sprinkle of both wheatberries and oats. I had it alongside two pieces of toast. Usually, this huge breakfast holds me over for HOURS!! But today, I started feeling hungry sooner than usual. Probably because I ate breakfast at almost noon after such a long run!! So I had a small snack.



MY FIRST PICTURE ON MY BLOG!! I know it's kind of lame but I'm just really excited because I finally got the digital camera I always wanted and now I can take pictures!! My photography skills need some work but I think it's pretty good for my first! :P

Anyways, it's a perfectly ripe peach topped with yogurt, granola, wheatberries (I'm addicted), and cinnamon. I 99.9% of the time, I eat fat-free yogurt. But every now and then I miss the rich, TRUE creamy texture of yogurt with fat. This one was Activia and it was 3.3% MF and it's SO GOOD!

I have the next week off before I start my summer job so hopefully I'll be able to get some cooking and baking done! I'm going to hit the hay now because I still feel pretty tired from that run!

No comments: